Data Privacy Statement
- This Data Privacy Statement describes how Alpinia Institute processes your personal data and sets out in particular which personal data is processed by Alpinia Institute and/or by third parties specified in this Data Privacy Statement as well as the purpose of the processing.
- Alpinia Institute reserves the right to amend this Data Privacy Statement at any time by posting a new version on the Website.
2. Data Processing
1.1. Type of Personal Data
- If you use the contact option on our Website (contact form) or if you contact us via e-mail, we process the following personal data:
- E-mail address;
- Subject and content of your message.
- Furthermore, your browser typically sends the following data to Alpinia Institute while visiting the Website:
- IP, URL, information about your browser and operating system (such as its name and version), time of your visit, etc.
Alpinia Institute may collect such data to administer the Website and to enable your access to and use of the Website.
- Cookies, Google Analytics and Facebook pixels are also used when visiting the Website. Further information can be found in section 4.
2.1. Purpose of Data Processing
- If you contact Alpinia Institute via e-mail or contact form, Alpinia Institute may process your e-mail address and any further information transmitted to Alpinia Institute to contact you and to answer your request.
When you contact Alpinia Institute we may use your personal data to take the necessary steps to enter into or executing a contract with you for the services or products you request, or for carrying out obligations under such a contract.
- Alpinia Institute may also provide you with further information about our products and may use your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive personalised marketing from Alpinia Institute, you can revoke your consent at any time.
- The processing of personal data is also carried out for the purpose of fulfilling different legal obligations of Alpinia Institute. Examples of such processing operations based on a legal obligation are:
- Keeping of proper bookkeeping;
- Release of information to law enforcement authorities and courts if required.
- All personal data that is collected under the Website, via e-mail or contact form may be merged with personal data you have made available to Alpinia Institute in another context.
3. Transfer to Third Parties
- For the operation of the Website, the IT service providers commissioned by Alpinia Institute receive your personal data to provide technical support to Alpinia Institute.
- In addition, other contract processors commissioned by Alpinia Institute will receive your personal data insofar as this is necessary for the performance of the respective service. All contract processors are contractually obligated to process your personal data confidentially and to process it only as instructed by Alpinia Institute.
- If there is a legal obligation, Alpinia Institute transfers personal data to public authorities and institutions (e.g. tax office, courts, public prosecutor’s office).
If personal data is transferred on a case-by-case basis to countries that do not have data protection laws which are comparable to Swiss data protection, Alpinia Institute shall take suitable measures to contractually agree adherence to the necessary data protection provisions with the third party.
4. Data processing in connection with website use
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA („Google“) for our legitimate interest in optimizing our online offering (Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR). Google LLC complies with European data protection law and is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active).
Google Analytics uses so-called „cookies“, which are text files that are stored on your computer and allow for an analysis of the usage of the website by you. We use Google Analytics exclusively with the code „anonymizeIp“ to ensure an anonymous collection of IP addresses (so-called IP-Masking). The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. However, if IP anonymization is enabled on this website, Google will truncate your IP address beforehand within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google information. You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser accordingly; however, we would like to point out that you may not be able to use all features of this website in full in this case.
In addition, you may prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie (including the IP address) and related to your use of the website as well as the processing of this data by Google by using the following link (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de) to download and install the available browser plugin.
You can also prevent capture by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link and following the instructions there to set an opt-out cookie that will prevent future collection of your data when you visit this site:
This website uses „Facebook Pixel“, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA, and Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, Ireland („Facebook“). This makes it possible for Facebook to recognize the users of our website as a target group for the display of advertisements („Facebook Ads“). We strive to display Facebook Ads primarily to those users who have shown interest in our website. With the help of Facebook pixels, we can also track the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes.
Facebook-Pixel enables a direct connection to Facebook when accessing our website and can store a cookie on your device; during a subsequent visit of Facebook, the visit of our offer is noted in your profile. The data collected about you are anonymous to us. However, the data is stored and processed by Facebook, so that a connection to the respective user profile is possible. The processing of the data by Facebook is part of Facebook’s data usage policy. Accordingly, you can find more information in the Facebook Data Use Policy at: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php.
You may object to Facebook Pixel capture and the use of your data for the display of Facebook Ads in the Facebook settings at: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads.
Integration of third-party data
This site incorporates YouTube platform videos as well as maps via the “Google Maps” service by third-party provider Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA („YouTube“). YouTube or Google gets access to your IP address and can set their own cookies.
You can find YouTube’s terms of service and privacy at: https://www.youtube.com/static?gl=DE&template=terms&hl=de and https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de&gl=de
You can prevent the capture through YouTube or Google Maps by changing the appropriate settings here:
5. What are your rights?
Right to information
If we process personal information about you, you have the right to information about the processing purposes, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients of such personal data, the retention period, your rights in this matter, the origin of the personal data as well as the existence of automated decision-making.
Correction and deletion
You are entitled to demand the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data. You are entitled to demand the deletion of personal data, provided that the processing of the data is not lawful and there are no legal obligations on our part against the deletion.
Restriction of processing
You are entitled to demand the restriction of the processing of your data.
You have the right to request the transmission of the information you provided us with in a structured, common and machine-readable format. You have the right to have personal data transmitted directly to a responsible party by us, as far as this is technically feasible.
For any reason that arises from your particular situation, you may at any time be entitled to object to the processing of your personal data. If you object, we will not process your personal information unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims. In case of objection to the processing for advertising purposes, we will cease processing for this purpose in any case.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Austrian Data Protection Authority, Wickenburggasse 8, 1080 Vienna, +43 1 531 15-202525, e-mail: email@example.com, if your privacy rights are violated.
In order to exercise your rights with regard to the data processed by us, please contact Lea Alina Skorupa, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +41 81 720 23 23.